Our team descended on San Francisco, CA last week for the CORE Users Group conference, which is a bi-annual gathering of Epic users with a focus on the business of healthcare. While we were there, we discussed the challenges that organizations face when it comes to healthcare payments and their Epic systems. In case you missed it, here is our recap of it!
- An important topic was workflow queue management and in particular resource time and productivity. Integrating payment processes within an existing Epic system can streamline processes and eliminate a large portion of the frustration here. Epic users can also look to solutions that remove manual and paper processes from healthcare payments, which are costly and inefficient. InstaMed’s Deirdre Ruttle recently outlined a business plan for organizations to go paperless in five simple steps. You can read it here.
- At InstaMed, we love to take advantage of any chance to talk business over some good food and a few drinks, especially with Epic users. This time, we hosted a group of CORE attendees at Twenty Five Lusk, one of the finest restaurants in San Francisco, CA with plenty of local food and delicious wines from California wine country. (Twenty Five Lusk has even hosted a former POTUS.) There, we discussed the latest news coming out of Epic, how to prepare for HIMSS17 and showed off our new video on the InstaMed Secure Token. It was a great evening had by all!
- Speaking of the InstaMed Secure Token, security and compliance was a central topic during many of the information sessions at CORE, including the Collecting Patient Liability and MyChart sessions. The InstaMed Secure Token came up quite frequently in these discussions, as it allows organizations to accept online payments within their existing portals with cardholder data never touching their servers. As a result, healthcare organizations significantly reduce their PCI compliance efforts and ensure that cardholder data is protected. You can read more on security and compliance for large organizations here.
- The beauty of the InstaMed Secure Token is that it also applied to the numerous consumer experience conversations that we had at CORE. Almost everyone agreed that reimbursements from payers as well as the federal government will continue to decrease, which will in turn make consumer payments all the more crucial to any organization’s future. The InstaMed Secure Token can be integrated into any patient portal, including Epic MyChart, to deliver a seamless and convenient online consumer experience within their existing portals.We also introduced Stacey and the story of One Bill during these conversations for a real-life example of how to enhance the patient experience with payments.
- Keep the momentum going – We welcome any opportunity to network with fellow industry professionals with the common goal of changing healthcare payments for the better. That’s why we’re hosting the InstaMed User Conference 2017 in our hometown of Philadelphia, PA on March 27–29, 2017. The User Conference is the perfect event for CORE attendees who want to keep the conversation about healthcare payment going. You can register for a special $50 discount off the regular registration rate with the coupon code IMUC17-CORE: www.instamed.com/userconference