Every year, HIMSS hosts the largest gathering of healthcare IT professionals from around the globe. Last year’s conference had more than 40,000 attendees and nearly 1,500 exhibitors. Just by the sheer size of it all, HIMSS conferences can be overwhelming. This year’s conference, HIMSS18, is proving to be the largest yet with more educational sessions, prominent keynote speakers and located in Sin City itself, Las Vegas, Nevada. They call it HIMSSanity for a reason!
Stay ahead of the HIMSSanity with this checklist and make your time at HIMSS18 count!
- Review the agenda and pick out all the HIMSS18 sessions you want to attend ASAP. Hurry, spots fill up quickly. Be sure to put at the top of your list Create a Frictionless Healthcare Payments Experience presented by Dave Krause of Anthem on March 7th at 4:00 PM. In the session, Dave will discuss how Anthem is working with InstaMed to make healthcare payments better for everyone.
- Be open to networking and reach out beforehand for opportunities to meet. HIMSS18 is the perfect time to discuss all things about health IT with the brightest and boldest in the industry converging in one place. (Here’s one networking event we think you’ll want to attend.)
- Create events in your smartphone’s calendar for each of the sessions you want to attend, all networking events and even informal meetings, with ample time between each for travel. Be sure to include all the necessary details in each calendar event, even if you think it might be overkill.
- Check out the innovation and latest product developments in healthcare payments at the InstaMed booth 5062. Our industry experts will be available to speak with you one-on-one about your unique healthcare payments challenges and needs, and how to make your healthcare payments experience better.
- If you have gone to only one conference in your lifetime, then you probably know this simple truth: the rooms are cold. It’s worth mentioning as many people will pack all their summer clothes for the warm weather of a place like Las Vegas, only to find out the AC is on full blast inside.
- Stay hydrated and well fed. HIMSS18 will be a marathon, not a sprint. The InstaMed booth 5062 will have water to keep you hydrated and treats from our hometown of Philadelphia, PA including warm soft pretzels and Tastykakes.
- Don’t forget about your workout routine! Ben Bartholomew, former Division 1 and NFL New England Patriots football player, will be hosting a boot camp session on Tuesday, March 6th at 7:30 AM in the Venetian Fitness Studio. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your spot.
The views expressed within posted comments do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of InstaMed.